Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Slice of Life Day 19 Bathing the dog

I gave my Golden Retriever a bath today. She has a mind of her own, I had to use a leash to get her upstairs to the shortest tub. She readily lifts one leg to step inside the tub, then the second leg. I had to help with the hind legs. She is very cautious. Once she feels the warm water, she is calm. I wash her face and ears with a cloth. She raises her left leg for me to wash under, then the right one. She loves rinsing off. I use a towel to dry her off before I let her step out of the tub on another towel. As soon as she is out of the tub, she shakes off the extra water. I get a third towel and finish drying her long coat. She grooms herself for awhile. In a couple of hours, her coat is dry enough to comb out. It changes her look from curly to straight. As soon as she goes outside, she drops and rolls in the grass to get rid of the clean scent. It won't last long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Reading List