Wednesday, March 26, 2014

SOL Day 26 I've missed several days



Throughout the month of March, I am participating in the Slice of Life Challenge, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. The goal is to write a daily post during the month. This is my second year to participate. www.twowritingteachers.wordpress.
My time has been absconded. Where it went, I can't say. I only know I haven't posted since March 20. I can offer some excuses: busy at my official work, working to clean the barn on a warm day, working at my second (or 3rd) job for my husband, new on-line class started, laundry, house cleaning, taking husband to the ER and waiting for a room in the hospital, going to the primary care doctor, ordering medicines, and life gets in the way of my writing.

I've continued to read several posts and even comment in them. But I could not gather the energy to complete a post. More excuses: I'm a procrastinator, I'm not a writer, my posts aren't interesting, or knowledgable, or worthy. I saw similar excuses on others' posts. But I enjoy reading every one. 

Writing a post is about connecting with others, especially those in the same profession. It is reading another person's idea and applying it to my life. It is broadening my perspective. It is remembering my experiences. It is learning and growing and changing, all of which I have positive desires to accomplish.

Thank you all for letting me be involved in this challenge.

7 comments:

  1. Welcome back! It is 11 o clock at night and I find myself posting this late every day. Sometimes it's easy to put this aside! But you are still here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Yes, I'm a late poster too. If I wait, I think I'll find something earth shaking to write about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even if you don't write for a few days, you are always welcomed back to this community. Life sounds very busy for you. Write when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading about what a post is to you. You are right. It is about growing and learning and changing. And broadening perspectives. I think that all those things are positive human endeavors. Keep writing. You never know what impact you may have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really do enjoy connecting with everyone.

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you returned after having your time absconded. You're always welcome to join us. After all, you're part of the Slicer Tribe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is super to be part of this tribe.

      Delete

Summer Reading List