Wednesday, March 14, 2018

#SOL 2018 Day 14 my watch notified me that I reached my fitness goal

I've been wearing an Apple Watch for a few years now. It's the first gen, I would have to admit that I'm an early adapter. I love all the information it gives me. I can check the weather, read a text message, check my heart rate, answer my phone and track my exercise levels.

Meeting my daily fitness goals was difficult when I worked 40-50 hours a week. Now that I'm retired I've reached the goals more often. When that happens the watch lets me know it with bursts similar to fireworks. It's pretty cool! It happened today fairly early in the day. We worked about 3 hours in the yard raking and burning oak leaves. That was in addition to shopping for groceries, walking the dog and doing some laundry.

I like the feeling that I get when I have done something positive for my health. It's so easy to shove it on the back burner. I believe the watch helps me keep the fitness goals more in focus. It gives me a reminder to stand up, notifies me when I'm making progress and keeps me on track.

3 comments:

  1. I agree! It is so validating and rewarding to feel my Fitbit vibrate because I have met 10,000 steps!!! Sounds like you are keeping active which is always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. Yes, being retired has been a challenge because I still want to be involved. if I can exercise daily I feel that I am accomplishing one good thing.

      Delete

Summer Reading List