Monday, March 19, 2018

#SOL 2018 Day 19 joining the Party at Leigh Anne's blog

I wanted to join the party! On the first day of SOL 2018 Leigh Anne invited all slicers to join in her virtual party. We could bring 5 specific items. You can read about it by visiting the link:

Leigh Anne Eck's blog, A Day in the Life of a teacher, a reader, a writer

Here is my list of things I'll bring:

Favorite book: for the kids -"I'm Bored" by Michael Ian Black, adults - the last book club book I read was "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter". Never would I have chosen that book, but I actually liked reading it. It was a great book to discuss.

Favorite person: I would bring my niece because she lights up every place she goes. Two years ago she was a young mother of two precious children, diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer! She became a champion for Christ and together they fought the battle. Now she recognizes each day as a precious gift.

Favorite food or beverage: If it is my fav, I would bring chicken & dumplings. I usually take the food I know others like.

Favorite song: I would share a song by a singer songwriter, Natalie Hemby. You can listen here:
Jealous

Surprise: I would bring a nature journal for each of you to record your daily observations as you go on a nature walk.

7 comments:

  1. Chicken and dumplings sound soooo good!
    I love all of your list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Joining together increased the level of fun!

      Delete
  2. Yea! I am so glad you are joining us. I think our sisters would get along fabulously! Chicken and dumplings sound wonderful! And I am sure the journal would be filled with fabulous stories, good times, and memories! I will add you to the guest list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so interesting to read what each person will bring. I guess you've the the main course covered with the chicken and dumplings. I don't think I've ever had that. I bet I'd like it. Still pondering what I might bring to the party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it’s good to feed a large crowd. I love them but my husband doesn’t so I don’t make them very often.

      Delete
  4. Chicken & dumplings sounds wonderful! Almost as good as chicken pot pie :) Comfort food at its best!

    ReplyDelete

Summer Reading List