Sunday, March 30, 2014

SOL Day #30 Owl Prowl from bed


Throughout the month of March, I am participating in the Slice of Life Challenge, hosted by Two Writing Teachers. The goal is to write a daily post during the month. This is my second year to participate. www.twowritingteachers.wordpress.



Last night I awoke when my husband came to bed and we both heard the noise. We listened to hear it again. The second call was farther away and the pattern was different. My husband told me about earlier in the day when he was behind the garage and heard an owl hoot. He tried to call to it. I smiled to myself. I don't think he has ever done that before. I am the one always calling to the owls, they answer me, too. I'm a country girl, he has always been a city boy (small, small city).

We listened to both owls calling in the night. It was a cool experience. I wanted to remember the difference in the patterns of the calls. The closer owl hooted a quick who, who, then 3 slower, longer  whooo, whooo. The owl in the distance hooted 3 who, who, who, and then a longer one.  I wondered why the patterns of hooting varied. We both fell asleep listening to the owls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Summer Reading List