Tuesday, November 4, 2014
I am Grateful for these 100
1. My husband
2. Our son
3. Our daughter-in-law
4. My parents who saved me, adopted me, loved me, & raised me.
5. My in-laws who always treated me like one of their own.
6. My extended family members & in-laws family
7. My work friends
8. My jobs: 5 years in a shoe factory, 5 years as L.D. Teacher, 9 years as 3rd grade classroom teacher, 6 years as elem counselor. 6 years as high school counselor, 3 years as Junior high principal, 9 years as Conservation Education Consultant.
9. My educational opportunities to graduate with a BS in Elem Ed. MA in Guidance & Counseling & Ed. D in Educational Lesdership.
10. My grandpa who saved bits of my history
11. My grandma who told me bits of my history.
12. My birth mother who knew she could not care for me
13. My dog, Ellie, who walks in the woods with me.
14. 5 baby kittens who have been so much fun
15. Our house that is large enough to host guests.
16. Our swimming pool that I so enjoy.
17. Our patio where I can enjoy the outdoors
18. My books that can take me to worlds unknown
19. My farm where I can express nature
20. My talents however small I love to paint, write, sew and create.
21. My ability to cook: dumplings, dressing and pies
22. The Christmas movies that end happily ever after
23. Bold coffee
25. Learning a different language using Rosetta Stone
26. Walking 2 miles with Leslie Sansone
27. Instagram because it keeps me connected to family.
28. A good mattress.
29. And a perfect pillow.
30. Cypress trees.
31. Field guides.
32. New carpet.
33. Metal suns.
34. Traveling with my sisters.
35. Traveling to Hawaii to see Volcanoes, desert, rain Forest,
36. Traveling to Bahamas and touring the fort
37. Traveling to visit relatives who escorted us to Yosemite, LA, and the Pamona Sawp meet
38. New Orleans to see the sights, eat Benignts. Ride Natchez. . .
39. Travel to Biloxi, Panama City Beach, Destin
40. Teacher Retirement income
41. Leopold Education Project
42. Savings to spend on honeymoon
43. Krispy Kremes
47. Hair color
48. Gloves with fingers cut out
49. Fake fur
50. State holidays
51. A boss who does not micromanage!
52. Full moon
53. Blue skies
56. Gel nails
58. San Juan Mtns.
59. Cowboy boots
61. Cowboy hats
62. Sirius radio
63. Money in the bank
64. Sweet potatoes
65. Picture books
67. Dyson vacuums
69. Suns of all varieties
72. Neon lights
73. Rainy days
74. Seafood in Boston
75. Attending a Red Sox Game at Fenway Park
76. Painting classes
77. Drury inn
79. 65 Mustang
80. 08 Rubicon Jeep
82. Watercolor pens
83. Coastal living magazine
85. The Conservationist magazine
87. I phones
88. On line classes
94. Denim jackets
95. Hand lotion
97. Clear streams
It is important to recognize poison ivy. Is the plant pictured to the right poison ivy? No, it is Virginia Creeper. Notice the leaves....
G is for Ellie, our Golden Retriever. She loves walking to the woods, getting in the water and digging up moles. When we have a party, Ellie...
This was my first experience with the A to Z Challenge. I decided to participate the day before the challenge began. I'd heard about it ...