Tuesday, December 12, 2017

A morning at Pre-school

Who knew? I haven't spent much time in preschool classrooms, only long enough to read a story or share a quick lesson. But last Monday I helped my sister-in-law teach 2 groups of 3 year olds. I had so much fun! We dressed the calendar kid for the weather, we said the Pledge of Alliegence, we studied letter sounds, we sang songs, we marched around listening to music, we used free play time outside in the leaves, we ate snacks, we had circle time, we decorated a paper Christmas stocking and I read a new book. Most of them had heard of the Nursery Rhyme, Humpty Dumpty and repeated it with me. Then I read, After the Fall, by Dan Santat. It's a captivating story of how Humpty gets back up and continues with his life. It's a sweet story. The children were impressed, I know because a few days later I ran into one of the mothers and she told me her little guy ask if I was coming back to class. He then told her I taught them all about Humpty Dumpty.


Here is the link to a review of the book: After the Fall

2 comments:

  1. Preschool can be such a magical place! I love that you read After the Fall as part of your time with preschoolers - such a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day. Being around kids always fills my heart with joy. Love the photo with the lights on the books!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Summer Reading List