Thursday, March 8, 2018

#SOL 2018 Day 8 Memories of Dad on his birthday

Today was my Dad's birthday. He would have been 87.
He taught all 5 of us kids and all 11 of his grandkids his love for fishing.
I'd like to go fishing with him one more time.
He taught us the importance of humor, he loved to tell a joke or tease with some lighthearted ribbing.
I'd love to hear one more of his stories.
He taught us the importance of working as he worked long hours farming to provide for us.
I'd happily fix him another glass of sweet tea during the midday dinner.
He took us on family camping trips.
I can hear us singing around the evening fire.
He helped us succeed in life every way he could.
I would love to sit and share part of my day with him.
He was with us a long time in comparison to some.
Mom died 40 years ago, now they are together.
He has been gone 7 years.
And I am the eldest immediate family member.

2 comments:

Summer Reading List