Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Day14 SOL #2017 no smell of cigarettes.

Yesterday, after the snow stopped falling, I drove to the city to visit my son and his wife. We did a little shopping and ate at a locally owned pasta restaurant. After dinner he showed me how to interact with a virtual reality game. It was so cool, I was diving underwater when a shark attacked!

We watched Moana and the evening ended about midnight.This morning snow covered our vehicles as we visited a coffee shop for some freshly roasted coffee. It felt like a Saturday in the middle of the week. After coffee we bought brushes and paints using a gift card from the local art supply shop. Then we visited the eye glasses shop so I could select prescription sunglasses. It was great to have their help in choosing a pair. 

They took me to IKEA. It was my 3rd time to visit there, there never seems to be enough to time to browse. We picked out a few items the. It was time to leave. I headed home and snow started blowing hard. It stopped about three hours later, the time I reached the small town near my house. I had to stop at the grocery for milk. I immediately noticed the distinct smell of cigarettes. I had not observed this in any of the places we visited in the city. 


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fine thoughtful day. I like the ending with the smell of cigarettes. I want to know more. Seems like a start of an intriguing back story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think the smell was creeping in my thoughts as I wrote.. it could turn into a post.

      Delete
  2. What an action packed visit with your family! I'm glad you had this enjoyable time with them...and safe travels through the snow!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Summer Reading List