Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Routine or no routine . . .Day 8 SOL #2017

Routine is defined as the customary course or procedure. My job was anything but routine. When you work with a large number of educators, students, parents and community members in a 9 county area,  your encounters aren't routine. That's one of the things I appreciated most about my job. Another part of the job that I loved was always learning about the natural resources and applying the learning to make connections with teaching.

I had two months to prepare myself, I thought I was ready, but lacking a routine has thrown me off course. My routine has changed and I'm trying to acclimate. I'm basically keeping the same sleep schedule. I have a cup of coffee, exercise and walk the dog. Then I try to fill in the blanks. Today I started folding my work uniforms that take up a large part of my closet. I'm not going o miss wearing those!

I think I can accept that my life will no longer be directed by routines.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there. :) I've been retired 6 years and still feel lost at times.

    ReplyDelete

Summer Reading List