Sunday, April 16, 2017

#A to Z Challenge Letter N is for New Orleans or NOLA

I first visited New Orleans when I was 17 with my high school classmates for our senior trip. We saw Brenda Lee perform at the Hotel Roosevelt. It is an endearing city with southern charm. I return when I get an opportunity. I went when the World's Fair was exhibiting there. We ate at the restaurant of the famous chef K Paul. I've gone to celebrate my birthday, which is on New Year's Day. We celebrated at one of Emeril's restaurants. I've taken family members to show them what I fell in love with: the plantations, the Beignets at Cafe Du Monde,  the artists at Jackson Square, the architecture all over the city, the history, the cemeteries, the seafood . . . You get the idea, I love NOLA.

Here are a few pictures:
Jackson Square


Jackson Cathedral
Above ground burial Cemetery #1
Beignets & Cafe Au Lait
Grounds at Houmas Plantation



13 comments:

  1. Looks like you had some great visits to New Orleans!

    The above-ground cemeteries are fascinating. They are so diverse in styles and detail. The plantations are lovely with their manicured lawns.

    Ann, A to Z Challenge Participant
    Harvest Moon by Hand – a blog about homeschooling, crafting, cooking, and nature
    Nature, New Year’s Eve, and Nutrition

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. Yes, manicured lawns are beautiful and require lots of hard work!

      Delete
  2. That tree in the very last picture is amazing. Love the long heavy branches. And the Jackson Cathedral. Very beautiful. I've always wanted to visit New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is a beautiful city, but hard to get around with narrow, one way streets. Walking is the best.

      Delete
  3. Sadly missed visiting New Orleans on my trips to the US. Always enthralling,from whatever I've heard, your photos made it look even more charming.
    Nonchalance#Lexicon of Leaving

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a lovely place for a visit, I like the twisting trees and the streets with art

    have a lovely day.

    ~ my N post - New York City in the Rain ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures! Those beignets look super yummy! :)


    With Love,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely on my list to get to some day. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you get to visit. Chalmnette Battlefield is another interesting site showing strategic planning Andrew Jackson used to defeat the British from getting control on New Orleans in the Battle of New Orleans just after the War of 1812. Many British soldiers are buried there.

      Delete
  7. I have never been to New Orleans but hope to get there one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a different world, with lots of sights to take in. We enjoyed the Natchez paddle boat on a luncheon cruise on the Mississippi River.

      Delete

Summer Reading List