Wednesday, April 12, 2017

#A to Z Challenge Letter J is for Junk and journaling.

I don't know who first said this phrase, but I've heard it all my life, "one man's junk is another man's treasure". I know this to be true. There is gratification in finding a discarded treasure (broken china made into tabletops) that fills a needy spot in your life. There is satisfaction in knowing your junk (slightly worn jeans) will be helpful to someone else.

Here is a picture of sonething that could be viewed as junk or a found treasure, it depends on your perspective. And maybe how much work and capital you are willing to invest.

Journaling is close to a passion I have. Whether it is buying a new journal, teaching someone how to start, or writing/drawing/etc. in a journal I am engrossed in the action. Here is a sketch of an insect that I sketched for a journal.



3 comments:

  1. So true...and a good thing or we'd never be able to get rid of stuff. Love the color and texture in the photo of the BelAire. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Now the old patina is gone awaiting fresh paint.

      Delete
  2. I love journals and journaling too. Can't get enough of them!

    ----------

    Nancy

    Filled to Empty

    ReplyDelete

Summer Reading List