Thursday, April 27, 2017

W is for waterfalls

Waterfalls can be soothing to the weary traveler. There is something comforting about the sound of water falling that lulls us into a peaceful state. I have a few pictures of waterfalls. 

They can also be dangerous. Our desire to get up close can put us in danger of getting too close and losing our footing. Once while hiking near Steamboat Springs, CO, to see a waterfall up close, my husband heard our friend's feet scrambling in the gravel to stay on the trail. My husband was close enough that he grabbed the friend and prevented him from falling in the crevice. 

I believe the grandest waterfalls are in Yosemite CA. The park is awe inspiring. I suggest you go in the winter, when there will be fewer people. 

Yosemite CA
Yosemite CA

Rocky Creek Falls in in the Ozark portion of mid-Missouri. This one isn't tall, but it's beautiful.
Rocky Creek Falls, MO
Man made waterfall in Phoenix AZ

8 comments:

  1. I love waterfalls and hiking to them as well. I've been to Yosemite and was lucky to be there on a day when there was lots of water coming over the falls. I've also enjoyed hikes to falls in Hawaii, NC, SC, Pennsylvania, and NY.
    My husband traveled to Guyana with his dad who grew up there and got an amazing picture of Kaieteur Falls.

    http://www.turq.com/photos/guy_photo1.html

    Here's my W post: W is for the Watergate Scandal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. So many waterfalls to see, so little time.

      Delete
  2. I've seen one small waterfall in person. Not many picture themes this year. I enjoyed yours!
    Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
  3. We try to stop at at least one waterfall along our travel route where there are falls. They are each so different and yet have similarities including the calming effect.

    My Fragmented Journey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree! Thanks for stopping to look at my pics.

      Delete
  4. Looks beautiful! My husband and I were considering traveling west to one of the national parks this upcoming fall. Maybe this will be the one? :)

    With Love,
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so special. I hope you get to visit this place.

      Delete

Summer Reading List